By reading books with your child throughout the day you can easily incorporate more literacy into your child’s routine. To help you get started, our lovable bookworm Og® has compiled a list of some of his favorite books. Check them out!
Age 0 – 2
Age 3 – 4
- It Could Still Be a Flower – free on Scholastic
- Dr. Seuss’ ABC Book
- Llama Llama Misses Mama
- If I Built a House
- Hugaboo, I Love You
- The Pout-Pout Fish
- Bugs! Bugs! Bugs! – free on Scholastic
- Waiting for Wings – free on Scholastic
- Rainy Weather Days – free on Scholastic
- Wacky Wednesday
- Pete the Cat and the Bad Banana
- Giraffes Can’t Dance
- Come On, Rain! – free on Scholastic
- A Ladybug Larva Grows Up – free on Scholastic
- A World of Insects: Butterflies – free on Scholastic
As you complete each book together, ask your child questions like these to help nurture comprehension and critical thinking:
- What is on the cover of the book?
- Why do you think the author wrote this story?
- What is another way the story could have ended?
- How were the characters alike or different?
- How did a problem in the story get resolved?
- If you could change one part in the book, what would it be?